Sunday, July 12, 2009

I feel fine, and so do approx. 11,482,671 others too.


Jonathan Harris and Sep Kamvar are farmers,

... and their job is to harvest millions of human emotions.

Every 10 minutes, 'a data collection engine automatically scours the internet' and harvests human feelings from a large number of blogs such as LiveJournal, MSN Spaces, MySpace, Blogger, Flickr, Technorati, Feedster, Ice Rocket and Google.

"We Feel Fine scans blog posts for occurrences of the phrases "I feel" and "I am feeling"... Once a sentence containing "I feel" or "I am feeling" is found, the system looks backward to the beginning of the sentence, and forward to the end of the sentence, and then saves the full sentence in a database."

... So, if you are feeling a little lonely, head to http://www.wefeelfine.org/index.html to see how many people are feeling lonely at that time too. Its a quick smart way to grab some life affirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment